2 day Inca Trail to Machupicchu
This tour will begin with the pick-up from one's hotel and transport to the railway station, where the group will board the world famous Perurail for an unforgettable trip through the Sacred Valley along the Urubamba River. The extreme height of the thickly forested mountains draw down into the narrow Urubamba gorge and offer amazing photo opportunities for train passengers.
The trekking will begin by crossing the Urubamba River at Km106. By means of travelling along the Inca highway, the group with transverse away from the river through lush vegetation and diversely populated forests until emerging into Wiñaywayna. This site is an amazing ceremonial example of Incan stonework and intricate carvings.
The hike will then continue to the Sun Gate, where the group will have its first stunning glimpse of Machu Picchu. The royal Incan highway will lead the travellers to the citadel, and from the Sanctuary the trekkers will catch a bus to the town of Machu Picchu for a good night's sleep in the hotel.
On the second day, an early wake-up call will allow for plenty of time to see and learn about these amazing Incan ruins. The day will begin with a guided tour of the citadel and will continue with about three hours of free time to explore the grounds at will. In the afternoon, we will head back down the mountain to catch the train back to Cusco.
- Pick-up from the guest's hotel
- Take the train from Poroy to Km106
- Hike to Wiñaywayna
- Continue the hike to the Sun Gate to view Machu Picchu
- Stay overnight in a hotel near Machu Picchu
- An early rise for a guided tour of the Machu Picchu citadel
- About 3 hours to explore the grounds freely
- Continue back down the mountain
- Train back to Poroy in the afternoon
The tour includes:
- Pick-up form your hotel
- A professional (Spanish/English) bilingual guide
- The backpacker train from Poroy to the trailhead, km106 from Machu Picchu to Poroy
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- A box lunch for the first day
- The tourist bus from the Machu Picchu ruins to Aguas Calientes on the 1st day
- Overnight accommodation in an Aguas Calientes hostel
- The roundtrip tourist bus from Aguas Calients to Machu Picchu on the 2nd day
- Guided tour in Machupicchu
- Backpacker train on day two from Aguas Calientes till Poroy
- Transfer from Poroy train station to your hotel in Cusco
Not included in the tour:
- Breakfast the first morning
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to the thermal baths (USD $ 5.00)
- Trekking poles: Leki and Black Diamond, 1 for US $ 6.00 and 2 for US $ 10.00
Option: travel by Vistadome train ($ 55.00)
Vistadome versus Backpacker
These spectacular carriages have beautiful panoramic windows offering unsurpassed scenic views and photographic opportunities. With glass surrounding them on all sides, passengers feel as if they are part of Peru's remarkable landscape. Vistadome is the quickest way to visit Machu Picchu and (apart from the carriages of the Hiram Bingham) the most comfortable. Snacks and hot and cold refreshments are included in the journey.
The Backpacker carriages are created for our adventure passengers or for those seeking comfort and security, without all the frills. These carriages offer travellers a true Peruvian experience. Seats are upholstered with indigenous fabrics, giving a touch of local flavour. Snacks are served on this service and additional storage space is available for backpacks.
When interested in the Vistadome train, please apply for this option when making your reservation.
The price mentioned for children is only available for children up to the age of 15 years old and for students with a valid ISIC card.
* If a cancellation or change request is made between booking and 31 days before departure, refunds are subject to a 50% deduction from the total price.
* If a cancellation or change request is made 30 to 15 days before arrival, refunds are subject to a 75% deduction from the total price.
* If the cancellation or change request is made 14 to 0 days before the arrival, refunds are subject to a 100% deduction of the total price.
* In the case of a no-show, there is no possibility of a refund, as the program has already been developed.